We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills, with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, to analyze financial reports. Senior Accountant duties include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness, in all of our accounting tasks.
• Posts journal entries to general ledger.
• Prepare financial statements and accounting statements.
• Allocates expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Perform month-end and year-end close process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages.
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
Education & Experience Requirements
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• At least three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in Accounting; related business school or college courses may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.