Set-up and operate punch press to cut, shape, and form sheet metal to drawing specifications. Must be capable of utilizing common measurement devices to check part compliance to specifications and read blueprints.
• Receives work instructions, prints and routers for the job.
• Utilize measuring devices such as protractor, calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, etc. to check and verify accuracy of work.
• Knowledge of punch press operation and material limitations.
• Performs operator daily maintenance of machine and tooling as required.
• Knowledge of punch press tooling and tooling applications.
• Responsible for setting up punch press tooling.
• Responsible for programming the operation of a CNC punch press.
• Capable of reading part drawings and understanding tolerance requirements.
• Capable of setting ram pressure and adjustment to assure correct die clearance due to metal thickness as indicated by measurement devices.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of operating press brake controls
• Safety and quality conscious.
• Previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
• Ability to make decisions.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Ability to stand for more than 4 hours at a time.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to work in hot/cold warehouse environment