The Proposal Engineer will quote services offered by PCI. They are primarily responsible for drafting and submitting proposal packages for the company.
• Review customer documents and drawings for request for quotes.
• Interface with Manufacturing Engineers (as needed) to determine if the component(s) can be made to customer specifications.
• Put together proposals, ensuring accuracy of information in a timely manner.
• Calculate material costs, estimate labor times, and identify outsourced services required.
• Understand business goals, challenges, and requirements of customers for value proposal building.
• Engage in customers’ technical discussions and extend support as needed.
• Coordinate with procurement and/or suppliers for technical information and competitive pricing.
• Review all contract documentation to ensure accuracy of orders.
• Attend order handover/kick-off meetings to help facilitate successful order execution.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong business acumen.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work with a high sense of urgency.
• Must be a team player.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a business-related field OR
• At least five years of related experience required.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.