The Assembly Laborer performs a variety of physical labor tasks.
• Operates a wide variety of hand and power tools.
• Closely follows directions to operate machinery, hold or supply materials and tools, and load or unload items on machinery and assembly lines.
• Assist with assembly of metal fabricated parts on assembly lines.
• Cleans and maintains a manufacturing area free from debris and dirt, and readies or puts away tools as assigned.
• Performs miscellaneous jobs at the plant, as needed.
• May be trained to act as forklift operator when normal operator is out.
• Reports any issues to supervisor or higher-level employee.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
• Ability to handle materials and equipment in a responsible manner.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic as needed.
• Ability to work in a variety of roles.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Previous labor experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to handle prolonged periods of standing and walking consistently.
• Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the entire body. This will include lifting, balancing, walking, carrying, and stooping.
• Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds consistently.
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with a manufacturing plant.